FALL IS HERE, SO MUCH TO DO BEFORE THE RAIN COMES

  • build cold frames - have most of the materials already.  shouldn't take too long.
  • plant cabbage starts - i'm pushing this one.  need to do it this week or forget about it.
  • put in garlic and bulbing onions - have a good month on this one.
hey, i wanna plant tulips this year!  i heart them with all my heart!
  • keep harvesting tomatoes and peppers - been getting 2 big bowls of tomatoes every couple of days since mid-august.  my goal is to freeze 10 bags of tomato sauce for the winter.
  • build the bottom trim of my bedroom window - long overdue and so satisfying to do all by myself.  i've learned so much about carpentry since buying my house!
  • seal and paint the house - at least part of the house. my, oh my. there's a lot to do when you own a previously neglected home.
  • get my porch back!
the abundance of summer has turned into fall harvest.  gardening has given me a really great way to connect with the seasons.  heading into fall and winter grey, i will need to remember that every season has it's purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment